Thursday 20 November 2008

The Little Prince

“Let’s start the voyage”
Said the little boy
harnessing a gigantic blue whale
“ Move on beast ,
Will discover new lands today “

The whale galloped high in the air
Dived deep into the dark blue sea
Carrying its little master!

The boy cruised along with great zeal
His way lit up ….
by corals…. bright & dazzling
A gold fish here…A green turtle there…
Standing at bay……Giving him the way…
Saluting their little master!

“hey! Stop there! Said the little boy
“ I see some one is waiting..
Waiting for me in there….
There in …..a little westward……MOVE”…commanded he

The whale moved west….into a triangular coast
& phew! There it was ….!
A giant elephant with long white tusks
waiting for him!!
It lifted him softly with its trunk,
seated him on his back
& took him along to an old lady

“R u waiting for me…
My grand old lady?

“yes, dear little boy

“boy??!!
How dare u call me that?
I am the king !
King of kings!!
The lord of my dreamland!!!
Said the little boy

“ pardon me my lord, & please accept these..

…little hot cakes smeared with ghee
……………….I made them for thee “

“Oh! by all means’

Said the little boy & munched on them...
licking his fingers, he said…..

“hm… crisp & yummy….
He is a lucky chap…the grand old man
who lives with you
Eating your hot cakes, day in … day out…”

A bright, happy smile
Adorned the lady’s face
She bowed and said
“at your service my lord
Anyday……Anytime….I wait for thee”

“Time to get back…
End of excursion for today….
My subjects…
are waiting for me”
Said the little boy..!
Rode the elephant quick
Jumped on to the blue whale
That galloped in the air
Dived deep into the blue sea

He rode along ……..
Rode along swiftly………
Across the bright coral reefs
Swish…swash…...swooooooooooosh

“Wake up dear boy...
Time to have some warm milk”
Said the pretty young lady

The little boy woke up
Brushing his dreamy eyes
& babbled
“ mamma …..
me wenth on ekch - kulchun”!!!

“eckch…..what!!??
Oh!… I got it”
I got it… my little prince
U want some extra chocolates?
I will get it for you!!!

4 comments:

ಮುತ್ತುಮಣಿ said...

Superb!

ಚಂದ್ರಕಾಂತ ಎಸ್ said...

ಬಹಳ ಸೊಗಸ್ಸದ ಕಲ್ಪನೆ. ಅಂತೂ ನನ್ನನ್ನೂ ಕವನದಲ್ಲಿ ತಂದಿರುವೆ! ನಿನ್ನ ಕವನ ಓದುತ್ತಾ ನಾನೂ ರಾಜಕಮಾರನೊಂದಿಗೆ ಸುಖ ಪಯಣ ಬೆಳೆಸಿದೆ.

ಈ ಅನುಭವ ಕೊಟ್ಟಿದ್ದಕ್ಕೆ ಧನ್ಯವಾದಗಳು.

ಅಂದ ಹಾಗೆ " The Little Prince" ಪುಸ್ತಕ ಓದಿರುವೆಯಾ ? ಅದ್ಭುತ ಪುಸ್ತಕ. ನಿನಗೆ ಹಿಡಿಸುತ್ತದೆ. ನಿನ್ನಂತೆಯೇ ಆ ಕೃತಿಯ ಕರ್ತೃವೂ ಕಲ್ಪನಾಶೀಲ ವ್ಯಕ್ತಿ. ಓದಿಲ್ಲದಿದ್ದರೆ ಮುಂದಿನ ಬಾರಿ ಅದನು ನಿನಗೆ ಕೊಡುವೆ.

Geetha said...

@ muthu
thank you

@ chandrakaantha s

thanks madam.. :)
"the little prince" pustaka naanu odilla :(
neevu nannannu keluvude beda, naanu yava english authors pustakagalannu odilla schoolalli oduthidda 'famous five' series bittare.......

ಚಂದ್ರಕಾಂತ ಎಸ್ said...

ಹಹಹ:)